A joint recruitment and marketing service will launch in April 2018 for Cheshire West and Chester, Halton, Warrington and Cheshire East Council’s fostering services.
From the 1 April 2018 all fostering enquiries will be taken by a single team based in Warrington.
The new way of working aims to:
- Increase the number of Local Authority foster carers across the four areas;
- Increase the availability of placements to meet the needs of our looked after children;
- Develop and support carers to enable the placement of sibling groups and older children;
- Increase the frequency of training, information events and panels by sharing resources;
- Reduce the time it takes new foster carers to reach assessment.
To enquire about becoming a foster carer please contact us by:
We aim to respond within 48 hours of receiving your enquiry.
Please note if you are under 18, do not have your main home in the UK or have serious convictions we are unable to progress your application.
There are hundreds of children in Cheshire West and Chester that need a safe and secure home because for a number of reasons they cannot be with their birth parents.
As a foster carer with Cheshire West and Chester Council you could give a local child a stable home for the odd weekend, on a short-term basis or more long term – fostering with us is flexible. In return, you’ll receive outstanding practical and social support to help your foster child to flourish and realise their potential.
Each child is different and that’s why we need all different types of foster carers – there is no ‘type.’ Fostering is an adventure; it can be a challenge, but it offers great rewards in return.
You’ll be making a difference not just to a local child, but your local community.
Why foster with Cheshire West and Chester Council?
- Because more and more children need foster carers – and as a council we’re committed to all of them
- Ofsted has rated us ‘Good’
- Because of the outstanding support and training we give to carers and their families
- We don’t make a profit – independent fostering agencies do. We just want the right carer for the right child
- We have a financial support package – you get professional fees and allowances for essentials
- Because we’re quick – we’ll always place a child with our own carers before approaching other agencies